One of the most important things I am learning more and more is that keeping our bodies healthy and in shape goes beyond just working out. I know that if I am getting a good workout in (45 minutes or more, using weights, heavy cardio, etc.) it is important to fuel my muscles with protein. When we exercise we are breaking muscle fibers apart and protein can help repair the muscles and promotes muscle tissue growth.
This article does a great job explaining the nitty-gritty of why post-workout nutrition is so vital to your fitness goals Post Workout Nutrition
If you are person who prefers to eat over drink or just love to have an easy protein snack these peanut protein balls are the way to go!
- 4 Medjool Dates (cut in half & remove pits)
- 4 Tbsp Organic All-Natural Peanut Butter (ingredients are peanuts & salt, nothing else)
- 2 teaspoons Chia Seeds
- 2 Tbsp Advocare Chocolate Muscle Gain Protein Shake Mix (get it through yours truly)
1. Put all ingredients together in food processor. Pulse until well blended.
2. Remove from food processor and roll into 6-8 balls.
3. Eat immediately or store in the fridge (eat within 30 minutes of working out if you are making for a post-workout snack).
You can work with me directly or buy all Advocare products right from my website: Muscle Gain – Buy here!