The mission continues for easy, healthy and delicious recipes. The plan is to have 2-3 sharable recipes each week. Momma is on a mission to please! The dream is to have a friend send me a recipe to try out each week, maybe a recipe they are hesitant to make.
I love pesto & normally, I make my own but my food processor broke! Not to worry folks, a new one is in the mail. So for this meal, I had to buy a jar of pesto at the store, not ideal, but a girl has to do what a girl has to do.
The meal preparation is minimal. The flavors of this dish are wonderful. And you can pair it will simple sides & you have an amazing meal. If you don’t have Italian blend cheese, you can use mozzarella or Parmesan. We are trying to eat less carbs so we served with zucchini and yellow squash but a side of pasta with a little pesto on it would be awesome!
I was only cooking for two, so feel free to double the recipe.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons pesto
- 1 roma tomato
- 1/4 -1/2 cup of Italian blend cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees & spray a glass baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place chicken in baking dish and cut 2 to 3 small slits on the top side of the chicken breast.
- Gently pour balsamic vinegar on each chicken breast (1/2 Tbsp per chicken breast).
- Spread pesto on top side of each chicken breast (1 Tbsp per chicken breast).
- Cut the tomato into 4-6 slices and lay on top of each chicken breast.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of the chicken & cover with foil.
- Bake for 20 minutes & then remove the foil.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly .