I am on a mission to find easy, healthy and yummy recipes. We love Mexican food, peppers and spicy food in our home so I was super excited to try this recipe. We make fajitas in the skillet but that does require a lot more work than just throwing dinner in the oven. When I made this recipe my husband was out-of-town for a few days so this one dish made 4 meals for me! My daughter even had some of the chicken for lunch. To save you prep work time when you get home from work, you could always slice up your peppers and onions the night before or in the morning.
This was delicious! Next time, I will use more peppers (green, red & yellow) and onions and add some brown rice. Use whatever toppings you like, that is the beauty of fajitas! I used homemade guacamole, tomatoes, lettuce & a little organic salsa.
Also, this is an Advocare cleanse or challenge friendly recipe. You don’t have to eat the tortillas, you could use a lettuce wrap or no wrap at all. For lunch, I made a taco salad with the fajita mix.
I used homemade taco seasoning because the packets are very high in sodium. If you do buy a packet, make sure to buy the low sodium taco seasoning.
Homemade Taco Seasoning: Mix all ingredients below together, store in container w/ lid or use for fajita recipe.
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 lb skinless, boneless chicken breast sliced or tenderloins
- 1 onion sliced in strips (any size, I had a medium size but will use large next time)
- 1 red pepper sliced in strips
- 1 yellow pepper sliced in strips
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Ezekiel tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees & spray a 13×9 dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place chicken, onion & peppers in greased baking dish. Sprinkle seasoning over chicken and veggies.
- After 15 minutes, stir ingredients.
- Bake for an additional 15 – 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Sprinkle lime juice over fajita mixture and add to tortillas or eat as-is!