The final day of the cleanse & we are so happy that we both lost weight in a healthy way in such a short time & have increased energy! If my husband can do this, any one can do this cleanse (sorry love but it is true)!
I made a chicken in the slow cooker for dinner on our final day. I found an awesome recipe on The Little Kitchen. Her pictures do this recipe justice, my pictures didn’t turn out as pretty. I definitely need to work on my presentation & photos. Original recipe here: http://www.thelittlekitchen.net/whole-chicken-in-a-slow-cooker/
This recipe is incredibly easy. I made a few modifications so I included the ingredient list & directions below. We had the carrots as a side, sweet potato, salad w/ avocado, kiwi & cucumber (the mixed veggies were for my son). We had a ton of leftovers so I made buffalo chicken lettuce wraps for lunch the following day.
Please follow my Facebook page or reach out to me with any questions about the cleanse. I would love to be your coach & help you reach your goals. www.facebook.com/diariesofafitmom
- 2 tsp paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup chopped onion
- small bag of baby carrots
- 4 celery stalks, cut in thirds
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and smashed
- 1/2 of a lemon sliced
- 4 lb roasting chicken (mine was a little under 4 lbs)
- Combine all the rub ingredients in a bowl & set aside.
- Clean and prepare the vegetables and place inside the slow cooker.
- Rinse chicken with cold water & pat dry with paper towels.
- Rub the rub ingredients all over outside of the chicken. Put garlic & lemon inside the chicken.
- Place chicken on top of the vegetables. You do not need to add water or broth.
- Cover slow cooker and cook chicken on low for around 6-8 hours. Time will vary based on size of chicken and slow cooker. I would check your chicken to make sure it is done, don’t let it dry out as well by overcooking.
- Remove chicken and slice. We do not eat the skin so we did not place under the boiler.