On Day 9 of the cleanse, we needed something a little heartier, that could feed our friends (and my 3-year-old) and that we could eat for lunch the next day…drumroll…clean eating chicken chili! We had two friends (also on the cleanse) over for dinner so this was an easy, yummy meal! My daughter added cheese and crackers to her bowl.
About one hour before serving I would check to make sure it fits your taste buds, add more spices if you need to. You can always add avocado, quinoa, jalapenos, fresh peppers, more beans & different seasonings! I don’t think I ever make it the exact same way.
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 16 oz can black beans
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans
- 1 16 oz of great northern beans
- 1 can of organic crush fire roasted tomatoes (or regular if you can’t find fire roasted)
- 10 oz package organic frozen corn kernels (use in moderation on cleanse)
- 2 14.5-oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 1 packet of low sodium taco seasoning or homemade taco seasoning (my preference)
- 4 Tbsp of organic salsa
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 Tbsp chili powder
1. Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker.
2. Cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low for 10 hours.
3. Before eating, remove chicken & shred on a plate (easy to do using 2 forks). Place back in the slow cooker & stir. Now it’s ready to eat!
This wasn’t the only meal we had all day 😉
I had an apple for breakfast (I wasn’t super hungry from the Fiber drink). For lunch we had a salad with salmon on top. I cooked the salmon in a skillet with olive oil, lemon juice & seasoning.