Day 5 was an amazing day! My body & mind felt so good! I don’t feel sluggish, I am at my target weight. In love with Spark, if you want to try it, message me and I will hook you up. There is no way you will not like it. My husband drinks it every day but I just started drinking it again & I feel so focused, have so much energy & it is way better for you than coffee!
For breakfast, I made the best pancakes, only 65 calories! Of course, we had my homemade turkey sausage on the side. The recipe is from Undressed Skeleton http://undressedskeleton.tumblr.com/post/38657925508. I added the blueberries in my first batch but the second time I just put them on top. My picture looks a little funky but they tasted so good.
You can also add a Tbsp of rolled oats & a little cinnamon or add some peanut butter to the top if you wish (to keep Advocare-friendly). I bet any berry would be great on top! Of course, you can add syrup or butter, just remember that increases your calories.
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 Large Banana
- Optional: 1-2 Tbsp of rolled oats (I think they turn out better with the oats)
1. Peel & slice banana.
2. Mash banana & add egg (and oats), mix until fully combined and big lumps are gone.
3. Spray skillet with non-stick cooking spray & heat skillet on medium heat.
4. Pour mixture to desired size of individual pancakes & cook until brown.
For lunch I was at US Bank Arena for an Advocare convention, learning about all the amazing products & so I can be the best advisor possible! This was by far the worst tasting meal I had – one piece of grilled chicken, a tomato & a piece of lettuce. Heartbreaking. I ate a Larabar, I needed it. Larabars are amazing.
For dinner, another great new recipe! We had our amazing friends Katie & Jake over. They are on the cleanse too & feeling great!
Here is the Garlic Mustard Chicken recipe, it was delicious! I marinated the chicken overnight. Highly recommend this dish! I served with a side of roasted asparagus & yellow squash. And an awesome salad w/ homemade dressing (that post to come soon). I am curious to whether or not this would work in the slow cooker.
I followed the ingredients except I used a Dijon mustard (for clean eating, Advocare-friendly) & I lightly seasoned my chicken with a garlic seasoning & pepper before putting the marinade on.
- 1.5 to 2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (you don’t have to season first, but I did)
- ½ cup Dijon mustard
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic (I used fresh garlic but I think jar would work too)
- Mix the mustard, oil and garlic together. I added a couple drops of water to the bowl to get the mixture well blended.
- Place the chicken in a plastic container with a tightly sealed lid or a large sealable bag. Pour the marinade over the chicken and place in the Preview postrefrigerator overnight or at least for 6 hours.
- Place chicken on preheated grill (medium to medium high) and cook for about 10 minutes on each side or until the chicken is no longer pink. Or you can cut up the chicken & cook on the stove top.