Day 3 & the team is seeing success! We have a total of 13 lbs lost between the 4 of us! I am getting close to my target weight & I really want to focus on my body being stronger than ever. If you have some great workouts, please send my way. Sharing is caring! !
It is extremely important to plan when trying to follow any diet. Every dinner meal I make, I double it so we can eat it on it for an extra day or two. Our family was able to eat on the chili twice this week.
I feel so good, ready to share all this success with everyone I know. If you want to get fit, lose weight, have more energy (without downing coffee or Monster drinks) or be stronger – we should talk! I can help change your life, I am serious. As you can tell, I am on an emotional high these days.
Mexican stuffed peppers are one of my husband’s favorite meals & I knew by simply leaving out the cheese I could make it clean and Advocare-friendly. You won’t need the all of meat mixture for 2 peppers, but I am using the leftover mixture for lettuce wraps on day 4 lunch menu.
If you are not eating clean or doing the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse, top with cheese! I am a cheese freak & these peppers are good without it!
Here is the recipe for my Clean Eating Mexican Stuffed Peppers:
2 large bell peppers (any color)
1 lb ground turkey (organic if you can find it)
½ cup of diced onions
Extra pepper if you want
1-2 tsp ground cumin
1-2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
1 can organic fire roasted diced tomatoes
½ bag of organic frozen corn
½ cup of quinoa or brown rice
1-2 TB fresh lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees & spray baking dish with nonstick cooking spray
- Cut off tops of peppers & remove seeds, membranes and stems. I use what I can from the tops in my mixture – I hate wasting!
- Place in baking dish & cook in oven for 20 minutes.
- While the peppers are cooking, spray a skillet w/ nonstick cooking spray. Over medium to high heat cook turkey.
- After turkey is done cooking fully, set aside & add peppers (your tops from above), onion & all your seasonings. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until softened. I add water during this process so it doesn’t stick & so it sautes. It makes them so good. If you don’t do this & need more detail – let me know!
- Reduce heat to medium. Add the turkey, beans, corn, tomatoes, rice & lime juice. Stir until corn is thawed & mixture is well blended.
- Add mixture to peppers. Make sure they are standing up. I always put a little extra in the baking pan.
- Cook at 350 for 20-25 minutes.