No eating cheese for 10 days. No cupcakes, no brownies & no Starbucks. You may be saying to yourself, “ummm….does Bridgette suddenly hate herself?” Actually, I love myself & my family and that is why I am doing the Advocare 10 Day Cleanse. I know from seeing the success of others that I will look & feel my best at the end of the 10 days!
So a group of 4 (including myself) started the cleanse on 1/13/15. I set up a group text & it made the whole day a lot easier. Hunger makes people say funny shit. I have been through the cleanse twice before but never in a group so it was fun to have the support. Let me break the day down for you.
So first, you wake up & have to drink a fiber drink. It will make you gag if you don’t mix it with Spark energy drink, so we mixed that bad boy up with a Spark and life was good. I didn’t miss my coffee. The cleanse would not be possible without Spark. From there, we had breakfast – nothing fancy today, just eggs & an apple and peanut butter. You need to eat every 2-3 hours to get your metabolism going, I kept my snacks simple like nuts, peppers & cucumbers.
Lunch was even simpler. Sadly, I admit, I thought I was going to be too weak or tired to get creative with meals. We ate grilled chicken, steamed green beans, 1/4 cup of brown rice & cherry tomatoes.
Not going to lie to you, I was starving by dinner. And I was peeing every 5 seconds. You have to drink your weight divided by 2 in water. I weigh 114 lbs so I needed to consume 57 ounces of water. I was peeing a lot.
Dinner was so good though! My husband & I both loved it! We had roasted asparagus & tomatoes, salmon & quinoa.
Here is how I cooked it up:
Roasted asparagus & tomatoes
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees.
2. On baking sheet, layout out cleaned asparagus & tomatoes. Sprinkle with garlic seasoning & olive oil. Roll the vegetables around so they are nicely covered and then arrange single layered.
3. Bake for 15 minutes, flipping half-way through.
1. Place salmon in Pam sprayed baking dish. Drizzle with olive oil, lemon juice & garlic (to your taste).
2. Heat oven to 400 degrees & place salmon in oven before it is fully heated (yes, you read that right before it is heated to 400)
3. Cook for 20 minutes, check your salmon a few minutes early, thickness can determine how long it needs to cook.
Well, we all survived day 1 of the cleanse! No one cheated! Life is good, feeling very happy.